Thursday, December 27, 2012

What are you living for?

Phil 1:21
 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Christ is my life my life is made up of Christ
2 cor 5:17,14,15


14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!


Putting the living for ourselves is the definition of the love of Christ controls us.
Loving for Christ is actually being controlled by the love of Christ and the love of christ

3 particulars

1. That is Christ is the principle of my life
Foundation authority my rule for living.
I fetch my spiritual life from Christ as the branch fetches its sap from he root.
From his fullness we live
Sends forth life and spirits unto me to quicken me every good works.

2. That is Christ is the end of my life.
I live not for myself - but for Christ
Romans 14:8 12:1-2

If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.


A Living Sacrifice

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


We lay out ourselves wholly for Christ
We propagate his gospel, the design of our life is to exalt crhist and to know him and to make him known.

3. "for me.." That is Christ is the joy of my life
"Di bale na Christ is in me."

Psalm 43:4
Then I will go to the altar of God,
    to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
    O God, my God.


God is my exceeding joy, Christ is the source of my Joy.
If Christ were gone,  life would be empty and dark.

Expectations of our life in Christ
We shift our focus from I, me mine to Christ who lives in me.
We need to depend on God to open our eyes to see what our duties are now.
We need to seek God's clear direction in every area of our Christian walk.

1. We must live only for him. 2 cor 5:15
You have no personal reason anymore to live here on earth except for Jesus to live in you
Put off the old put on the new.

2. Christ must he magnified in us at any cost. 
Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

3. Frustrate not the grace of God. 

Gal 2:21  I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!
Much have been poured out on your life let it not be waste. Do not waste his death on the cross for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment