Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wisdom and Maturity in God's Word

The measure of wisdom and maturity in any given situation is in how we know will of the Lord.

Psalm 119:7
New International Version (NIV)

7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.

The life of David: he treasured the Word in his heart
Psalm 23:1-6

New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

What are the principles that we learn from David's psalm?

1. He understood the Word of the Lord. For his daily concerns: "the Lord is my provider"
Tiredness of the soul has no cure (earthly). It is the accumulation of so many things(problems)

2. During his dangerous moments the "the Lord is my protector."
We always walk through a dark valley, we should remember that God is always our protector.

3. During his difficult moment the "Lord is my program planner."
He prepares a table of feast (for you and your enemies. Plans something for you something big!
Annoint with oil, usually done by slaves to guests, but for special people head of house annoints you.
My cup overflows: means his happiness cannot be stopped.
So...Honor the presence of God!
We should not fear, or should not jave the spirit of fear in the valleys that we face.

Respond by finding the truth amd applying the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment